Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another 5 in the books, plus swim

There wasn't a whole lot of training tonight, due as much to my end-of-year schedule as a need to moderate training as I rebuild. A staff meeting held me beyond the point of a pre-run ride, and besides, I'm trying to space my training over the week more intelligently as I heal. So I opted to run at 5 for 5, then swim at 8.

The run was fine. It felt slow, but we were actually a little quick. We went under 40, and I can't say anyone pressed. Well, okay, Rand was, and he kept coming back for us. Dan had a bit of a hard time, but the poor guy hasn't had time to run for a month. He did well to hang in as long as he did.

After dinner, I had some time to relax before the swim, so I commenced to relaxin'. There isn't much time to gather myself at work at the moment, so the little time I had here was quite welcome.

The swim went well. I was right on time, the kids left the pool as I arrived, and I was able to hop right into lane 2 all by my lonesome and swim 1000 yards before the crowd began to pick up. Normally I pull, but tonight it was straight swim. It's not quite as fast as pulling, but my overall times have really improved this year.

Tomorrow I'll probably ride after school. I know boys Regional is tomorrow night, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it. I'd say not very likely at this point, things are busy enough.

Saturday is a 7 AM ride (43 miles), followed by a 3-5 mile run.

Sunday, 2:30 start for Me-N-Steve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment