Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Calf not much better

Ran for the first time tonight since the mini marathon. The right calf is still sore, though not really bad. I didn't give it much of a chance to get bad, either. We all stopped at three miles, and that was quite enough for the first run. I may run tomorrow if time allows. And the calf.

I'd intentionally set the run for first so I would have plenty of time to ride afterward. I also hoped the wind would lay a little. At least one part of the plan worked! I hit the road about 6 o'clock, and the wind was still gusty out of the north/northwest. I went south, and since it was later, I went all the way to KFC in Mitchell on Highway 37. The way out was a breeze (pun intended). The way back was work, and lots of it.

I wish I could tell you exactly how fast I went, but for the second night, my computer quit, this time for good. I know I left at 5:58 and was home by 6:55, so give or take the extra seconds we'll call it 58 minutes, which is well over 20 mph.

It should have given me confidence, but my calf really has me in the dumps again. I was looking forward to Terre Haute, but for one reason after another it's becoming quite apparent it just isn't meant to be this year. The race is not worth an injury, which looks like more than an average bet if I go.

I think instead I'll ride Crane. I've wanted to do it anyway, and this would be the year to do it. I won't get the race I've wanted, but I can pick up a triathlon in June if things improve.

Other Riders Love Every Airfoil Now Seen

No comments:

Post a Comment