Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another ride

It came down to a virtual toss of a coin. There were three workouts available, but only time for two. I could ride, run, or lift. With an award ceremony tonight, it wasn't possible to do it all.

The weather made the choice. There was a southwest wind with gusts of 25 mph. Storms were in the area, and some were forecast to be possibly severe. Of course that meant I rode. I was able to slide another ride in between the rain, held over 20 mph, and got home in time to make the next choice.

The rain was on my heels again as I rolled in, so the weather had spoken again. It would be lifting. The gym wasn't too busy and I was able to get to what I wanted to do, if at a slower pace.

There was no time left to run, and really, it wasn't necessary. In a sense it's another taper week for running, as we have the mini on Saturday. I will run tomorrow and possibly Thursday, possibly not. Either way, I want to be rested for Saturday. I don't expect a hard time making the goal, but it is supposed to be warm. You never know how that will play out.

Leisa was nominated for the Women's Walk of Excellence tonight. It's an honor, and I was proud to go with her. I saw quite a few area women (surprise!), including Mike's daughter Andie, and Arlene's daughter Elizabeth.

Tomorrow... run. I will swim later.

Thursday ride at Lighthouse is still on. 5PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment