Monday, May 21, 2012

Easing back into it

I will confess, I'm still disappointed in not being able to go to Terre Haute this year. I was ready for a great bike leg, and probably swim leg, too. It was great to ride the Crane ride, but my heart was in Terre Haute.

Speaking of the swim, I've knocked 2 minutes off my regular swim time, something I will attribute to lifting. I'm much stronger in the upper body, and it's directly impacting swimming. I could tell how weak I was getting last year during the swim season, but believed if I did enough yardage it would come around. No sense denying it; weights will have to be a part of training, at least during off-season (if not more).

The calf did not hurt tonight. That's good news. Two days of 5-mile runs - we'll see how long it lasts. I'd be thrilled with 25 miles per week over the summer.

Back to the swim, I saw Allen, Josh, and His Agent tonight. All were advancing just fine. Cicero will be interesting this year...

Pace line Tuesday tomorrow! Right now weather calls for a high of 78, winds north up to 10 mph. That shouldn't be too bad, though far from optimal. We'll feel it, trust me. Meet at Spring Mill, 5:45 PM start. All welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment