Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A short run and a swim meet

There wasn't much time to do anything tonight. The swim meet was in Jennings County, a good 80-minute drive considering traffic. With this in mind, there was no way to get a spin. A short run was the only option.

How short? I've said this week would be only 3-mile runs, and that's what I did. It was done at a decent pace, right at 7:30, but hey, it was only 3 miles. The leg didn't hurt too badly at the time. We'll see how that goes over the next day or so.

The swim meet went as expected - we lost. The team just isn't very good or deep this year. Why doesn't matter, it just is what it is. It's still fun to watch your kid participate in sports, no matter how the team does. At least, that's the way it should be. If you can't enjoy your kid's athletics at that basic a level, you probably don't have your priorities right.

Tomorrow I will lift, run, then ride. I'd sure like to push the ride a little longer, but you know what? I will have to bring some peanut butter fudge if I plan to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment