Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Challenge is Nearly Done!

I have 411 of the 500 kilometers ridden. In case you aren't handy with your conversions, I have about 56 miles to go, and three days to get it. I think, short of some disaster, this thing is done. It's been a trip. This ironically is the highest mileage week of the year for me, even though it is 6 months away from triathlon season.

I am no Troy Young. Most of my miles have been inside. All of Troy's have been outside. He has more miles than I do, too. Don't be fooled by the Strava reporting; he has more miles in.

Speaking of outside riding, both Allen and Scott have joined me outside in the last few days. I don't know how we go out after tomorrow, and even that is sketchy, but it's been a great year of riding nonetheless. Next year promises to be better, for the group at least, because everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is riding right now. The Energy Lab is really doing the job!

To that end, Jimmy's cross-country challenge kicks off Wednesday. What is it? Over 2900 miles of riding in 17 weeks. This will be charted in the lab, though both indoor and outdoor riding counts. Jimmy is preparing the map as I write. It's based on time - hey, it's Jimmy's challenge - and every hour is worth 20 miles.

Tomorrow I run in the morning and ride in the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment