Thursday, December 19, 2013

Okay, some things to remember

Let me start with some important dates and events.

First, there's the Christmas Eve run, Tuesday, 8 AM, First Baptist Church. There is a donation being collected to benefit charity. This year you will be able to designate your gift to either of two entities. More on that later. Running distance will be 5 miles or so, but hey, it's your run too!

Next, the year-end banquet is on, and it will be BUB'S! Jimmy worked his magic, so we will be in the upper room again. Jimmy threw out the idea of doing burger and dessert, but I believe there should be some discussion first. I personally am thinking of revisiting the two-burger challenge. I think I can do it easier!

Finally, there will be a New Year's Day run. Time hasn't been hashed out, but traditionally that's 8 AM at the Courthouse. I'm assuming it will go that way again. I will post if that changes.

Alright, so today was a bit of a free day. I could have skipped either the run or the ride, and since I don't lift on Thursdays, it would have been a complete day off. I opted instead to run and ride. The run was effortless, if slow. The ride took a bit of breaking in early on, but by the end was also quite easy. I ran out of time before I ran out of gas... had to get to the pool in time to see Heatherly and Galloway!

I was looking at the USAT rankings today. The reason I keep looking is completely self-absorbed, I'll be the first to admit. Ever since I became a triathlete and joined the organization, I have wanted to make All-American. I have been Honorable Mention numerous times, and actually did have All-American one year but was rooked because of Tuxedo Brothers' paperwork snafu, but I digress... Anyway, I had a pretty good year this year in spite of everything, and had a shot. And I still do. The tabulation will reshuffle many times between now and the final tally in February, but as of today, the numbers look like this...

In my age group (50-54):

  • In Indiana - 7th
  • In the Mideast Region - 20th
  • In the country - 169th
  • Final Result - Honorable Mention


My point total was 85.7. All-American cut off at 86.3. Close, but not good enough. I'd said all along it would take 86-87 points to make it, and I really felt as if Jeffersonville and Boilerman ought to do it - after all, I took 2nd in both races - but alas, the races apparently get no respect. I really don't want to game the game to get the win, but at this point I'm beginning to think again.

Races that have scored well have been Muncie, Chicago, and the Eagle Creek series. I can't do Chicago, but Eagle Creek and Muncie are at least possible... How bad do I want this?

No comments:

Post a Comment