Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 1st - Seriously?

We had a good regular group this morning for our Sunday run - John T., Scott, Galloway, Chris, and myself. We actually pretty much stayed together the whole way, and ran just a smidge over 8-minute pace. Regular course, regular players, nothing new to see here, move along.

What was noteworthy today was the weather. It was in the mid-50's, sunny, and very mild compared to recent weather. It was enough to draw out 7 riders to the Mitchell Church of Christ for a 2:30 ride. Ruminate on that... December 1st, 7 guys show up for an outdoor ride. Think back... when's the last time anyone remembers THAT on ANY day in December?

It looked early on like the group would quickly break in half. John T. and Scott took off, Troy caught, James was midway between groups, and Allen, Dan, and I were in the back. At the end of the Super 2 the front waited for the back, and from that point on we stayed together.

We did a slight modification of the regular Huck's Run, giving us right at 21 or so miles. My Garmin gave me some headaches and I was forced to make up a mile I lost to trouble. Why? Sure as I didn't, Allen would be crowing about how he rode more. He promised he wouldn't, but you know what a liar he is.

Gotta say, I'm happy about the distance this week, really training in general. I got all my miles and  much, much more. It won't be easy to replicate that on working weeks, but so what? Gotta be opportunistic, and this week, I was.

The next three days offer great riding opportunities. Beyond that, forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment