Monday, December 9, 2013

So far, so good

The new Garmin 510 (more accurately, the replacement refurbished Garmin 510) came in the mail today, and I was able to get it up and running for the ride in the afternoon. Syncing it up to the GSC 10 unit was no problem, and it worked flawlessly throughout the workout. There, that gets the drama out of the way first.

We were off school again today, so I went to the gym in the morning. I lifted, did core, then went to Bloomington with Leisa and Igor. It was a nice break from the last few days of being nailed to a chair elevating my leg. I figured walking around a bit would be a good test of my recovery.

We went to the Trojan Horse for lunch - I went for the fish tacos, Leisa a gyro, and Igor had the tilapia. It was a good meal, not too much, not too little. We did find out Igor is no fan of V8 drinks!

After that we went down to campus to visit the law building. Igor wants to be a lawyer, so this was a chance to visit an actual school. It's finals week, so we had to be quiet. We were able to walk the building, see the library and some classrooms, but that was about it. As we left, we drove around the perimeter of the campus and showed him as much as we could. It was really too cold to take a long walk, and my leg wouldn't have taken it anyway.

A short trip to the mall to spend a little birthday cash (in the form of Dick's credit) was next. Leisa and Igor did their thing, I sat in a chair and waited. I do like mall chairs! Whoever came up with the idea of putting living room furniture out in the general area - brilliant.

Once we got home, I pretty much got ready to go to the lab. I wanted to get at least 30 miles in, so I would have to start before everyone else. What I didn't know was Jimmy and Haley were also starting early, so I wound up being included in their workout - sorta. Hope they didn't mind! We were later joined by Roy and Allen.

In the end it was 30 miles completed. That was right on target, and probably going to be my staple distance, at least until I can run again. I walked to and from the lab, and the short walk is enough to tell me I'm a bit off of running just yet. Hopefully by Monday...

Spin again tomorrow, 30 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment