Monday, December 16, 2013

A Triple?

Technically, yes.

I lifted first. That was about 45 minutes worth of semi-aerobic activity. Given that I do circuit training, the heart rate does stay up the whole time. So yeah, that's one.

Next came the run. I only did 3 miles or so, but hey, it's the first week back after injury. The pace was under 8 minutes, and actually the running was easy enough to do. I did hurt afterward as expected. I'm glad I only went 3.

Finally, there came the ride. This went well for about 7 miles or so, then suddenly I bonked. I really couldn't stay on the bike for any speed and considered calling it a night. That's when I remembered Galloway's peanut butter fudge still in the lab. That's right, I ate a couple pieces of the candy, and I was good to go.

We had a full house. Roy, Allen, Me, Miller, Denny, Scott, and Jimmy all rode at least a little. I got my 20 in thanks to the emergency rations on hand. Most everyone else rode for an hour or so, except for Denny, who on his second ride did 40 minutes.

Allen couldn't help but try his Svengali nonsense again. As I was leaving he made some comment about who was still on the bike. I mentioned my run and lift, which he dismissed. The only guy I know who declares himself the winner of such an exchange any quicker is Jarrard. Pretty easy if you make all the rules!

Tomorrow I won't be able to spin - swim meet is in Jennings County. I will try a short run. The next ride will be Wednesday night (for me). 

No comments:

Post a Comment