Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A full day

Take that, Allen!

Galloway and I met at 9 this morning for a brisk 5-mile run. It went well, probably because the temperatures are still rather cool this week. The plan was for me to leave from the run to help my mother set up for tomorrow, then meet at BNL pool at 11. Allen would catch us there.

Galloway and I got there first, starting our swim. Allen joined us, and after the swim added his usual bit... we told him we'd run 5 miles, and of course he said he'd run 5.5. I did point out I'd swum much farther than he, but he waved that off as inconsequential. He even stated he'd add onto our ride after I left. He was plowing it deep.

Turns out he had to cancel the ride. I didn't. Lester and I rode a little over an hour, which is a little over an hour more than Allen rode today. But I wasn't going to leave it there.

There was still a scheduled run at 5:15. I felt good, so I went. As John T., Roy, Miller, Rand, and Bartlett are my witnesses, I ran again. Even more, Miller laid down the hammer a bit in the last two miles, and I decided to hang in there with him as long as I could.

So Allen... top that? ;)

I will admit I finally ran out of gas. I didn't go to the gym, but to be honest, I probably shouldn't anyway. I'm giving the shoulder the rest of the summer, I think. If it isn't straightened out by then, I'm going to have it checked out. No choice at that point.

Tomorrow is a ride, early. 7 AM at Lighthouse, or if you want a shorter one, 8 AM at Huck's. All welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment