Sunday, July 7, 2013

Busy weekend

It's been a quiet few days on the blog. I've meandered off in other directions... family reunion, the 4th of July, Erin leaving for Honduras, and a whole lot of nothing. I've been distracted mainly.

Last week was an outstanding week of training for me personally. I had two terrific rides, three great runs, and two great swims. I wish every week would go as well, but alas age makes such occurrences few and far between. At least I appreciate them more when they do happen.

I'm thinking of upgrading my Garmin already. I really do like my bike Garmin - well enough to upgrade. The feature I'm seeking most is one most husbands would eschew - the ability to be tracked live. I often go out for long rides alone. Leisa often worries when I do. Whether that's for my health or her mistrust of my intentions I cannot say; you would have to ask her. I do believe it is a fair thing to ask. Plus it would be cool to use it in a race (if possible).

That means of course I might sell my current model at a (slight) discount. I've had it only a couple of months, so it's hardly used. I'm not desperate though... I won't give it away. I don't have any problem keeping it for my other bike (or Leisa's). They're so easy to use and set up on different bikes it just wouldn't be a problem either way.

Speaking of riding alone, I did today. I didn't have a great deal of motivation about it, so I rode the standard 20. It wouldn't have been a bad idea to take the day completely off - mentally I need it - but with the weather the way it's been I figured 20 miles was a safe way to start the week.

Ride data.

Oh, and finally... I was asked to set up a Google calendar for our activities. I did so. If you want the contact info (it's private) contact me. I will send you the particulars. It may or may not work out - that's up to you guys. The more people use it, the more it will work.

By the way, if you want to access it with a smart phone, download the "G-Whizz!" Google app. It will allow you to hit the calendar, check events, or even create events on the go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment