Thursday, July 25, 2013

Trifecta

Did all three today - ran, biked, then swam. Didn't get into a single guy's face either. I got a little sassy with a couple of girls on my team in the morning run, but they don't count.

My 4.5 mile run this morning was purposely curtailed because I had enough miles already for the week AND I needed to watch the girls run for the technical portion of the workout. We did some form drills on the 800 course on Washington Avenue. They did a great job, all 13 of them.

Later Jimmy and I drove a proposed course for Saturday's event. We felt confident we had something safe, if challenging. We'll ride it tomorrow, and you guys will see for yourself. Here's a one-word hint: Peerless.

Later, Allen and I went for a ride. Before we left the church Allen mentioned trying to get a ranking on the Super 2. Did it work? Check for yourself!

We rode into Huck's, had a drink and a bite, then headed on east to meet Lester. We eventually found him and finished the ride. Nothing difficult, other than the Super 2 stretch. Well, I did try to beat my time on the "Climb to Glide" segment...

Later on was the swim. John T., Allen, Greg, and I were the only ones. I jumped right in and started my set - 8 x 200 @3:00. I did this with a pull buoy to replicate wetsuit speed. I made the set with ease, which is a bit of a confidence booster.

Jimmy and I were out in the fading light marking the course. Never fear, we got most of it finished, so tomorrow no one should get lost. Well, Allen should get lost, but that's another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment