Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thankfully, it rained

For those of you who missed this morning's opportunity to run, thank your lucky stars. It was unquestionably the worst of the summer so far. If you were lucky enough to have to wait until after the rain came in the mid-afternoon, thank them again.

I wanted today to be a recovery day for the team. It wasn't. Even though they ran slowly, heart rates were over 180-190 bpm. That's not rest, even for a teenager. I had to cut some miles for a few of the kids. I even made some walk.

As for myself, I felt the effects of the last week and a half of training. I was really tapped going into today - I awoke to quad cramps. That's about right. I last about three bad days in a row, then that's it.

I've tried to lay around the rest of the day drinking fluids. I do feel better by this point, though I don't know if I'll be ready to go again tomorrow. I know it won't be hard whatever I do. I think right now I'd like to bike, maybe skip a day running. With luck, I'll have my riding done by Friday afternoon, and I'll have enough running miles in the bank as well. If I can manage that I can take Saturday off. That will work out best because of the car wash - I'll have to be in the sun most of the day before I get a chance to run.

Swim tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment