Sunday, July 29, 2012

A different mindset

It's weird to be in recovery phase at the end of July, but here I am. For years I've gone through August before the break, and even then it was a small one. Often I'd have a marathon lined up for late October/early November, so there wouldn't be much time to relax. Not so this year. I'm coaching again.

Our practices officially begin Wednesday, and from that point on, they come first. I won't quit training altogether, but it will get curtailed extremely. I'm thinking riding after practice until daylight savings is over, then limited running. This will give my hips and calves a long time to recover, something they've not had in years. It can't hurt.

Changing topics a bit, here's a great big shout-out to Rand for winning his first 5k. Is it an ominous sign it was the "End of Days" 5k? Will there be a plague of locusts now? I dunno, but he seemed pretty happy today. Maybe he likes locusts.


No comments:

Post a Comment