Monday, July 23, 2012

Still suffering

Let's face it, Red Eye Relay was a race effort for me. My left hamstring assured me of that fact in today's run. My shoulders are still sore, and if I remember correctly, I didn't run on my hands. That kind of pain only comes with a very strenuous effort.

We did 5 at Jimmy's, and I am proud to say I coasted. Hey, with the 12 miles I ran Sunday morning, I'm sitting on 17 miles of my 25 on Monday! Right now I don't see a run in my future tomorrow after the ride, but you never know.

Actually, my line of thinking is I'll really take it easy from here until school starts. I have no races left, I have a busy season coming, and this is my last chance to relax for a bit. I don't need to double, other than wanting to, so maybe I will, maybe I won't. Probably as often as not the weather will determine what I do. One-hundred-five degrees? No double today. Seventy-five degrees? Maybe a triple.

Pace Line Tuesday is tomorrow. Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment