Thursday, July 19, 2012

Funny thing happened at the speed workout...

Did you hear the one about the guy who was pushing a stroller in the speed workout? He dominated all the other runners, leaving them by 10 seconds every quarter? Here's the punch line - he was running a fever when he did it. (ba-dum, PSHHH!) Crazy crap, that.

For myself, the heat is doing me in. I was toast after the run, and after today's ride, I was even toastier. I couldn't believe it when I saw Kathy, Jimmy, and Galloway pulling on their shoes for a run afterward - and Kathy had already run 10 miles! I felt bad about it until I got home, weighed myself, and realized I'd lost a ton of weight again. A run would have been out of the question.

I'm relieved my racing season is over, if the truth be told. Things are becoming too complicated schedule-wise, and I don't plan to spend what's left of my summer stressing over it. Might as well enjoy the time I have left and focus more on the girls. Anyway, the one race I did was a great one, so it's not a bad way to go out. I'm sure Galloway would agree with me on that philosophy. ;)

We're going to swim tomorrow at 8 AM. The girls will be there, but there's more than enough room. There will be a ride that follows (and I will be going SUPAeasy). I have to be ready to be stressed Saturday night.

Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment