Monday, July 9, 2012

Back on the horse

Sometimes, when you take a beating athletically, your confidence suffers worse. That was certainly the case for me after Saturday. It was a rough day any way you slice it, and I couldn't see any way I would recover any day soon.

Yesterday's weather was God's way of saying I wasn't ready to train again. I'd planned to get out in the afternoon if I could manage it, but somehow the high winds, lightning, and rain prevented me from pushing my luck. I'm funny like that.

Today was another story. It was cooler, some 30 degrees less than the last time I was out, and the difference was miraculous. I felt like a completely new rider, and it was easy, so easy to go 30 miles. The time flew by, in fact. Dan, Galloway, and I met at Lighthouse and cruised the country lanes for a couple of hours. Easy-peasy. The run later in the afternoon was likewise easy, as was the lift. 


Consider, the run happened at 91 degrees, 70% humidity, 67 degree dewpoint. That should have been miserable, but it felt downright cool. How crazy is that? I think it speaks volumes. 


Tomorrow we go to Spring Mill. I think everyone is back, and additionally I think some of the women will be showing. It should be cooler again, with light northeast winds. I don't know how recovered everyone will be from the various efforts and vacations (or both!) we've all had, but it should be fun regardless. 


Run Data.


Ride Data.

No comments:

Post a Comment