Monday, July 16, 2012

Surprisingly sore before it was done

Yesterday's race wasn't long, under an hour, and the legs were short. So why do I ache so much today?

Dan, Galloway, and I met at the Lighthouse this morning after practice, riding the usual. We didn't ride hard at all, which was lucky for me. The morning was already humid, and before long the air became pretty warm. We were fortunate enough to find the table back inside Huck's, so we spent a few minutes cooling down before heading back home.

The run later was pretty sticky, too. We weren't horribly slow, but things are definitely harder when it gets this hot. For my part, I just want to run comfortably at this point. Five miles seems to be my limit before things really ache, and you know something? I've enjoyed a summer of not aching after every run. Five miles will do for me, thankyouverymuch.

I was going to swim, but on my way there my back really started to hurt. I simply watched John T. and relaxed for a bit. After that, I went and lifted. I know, it doesn't make sense in print, but in action, it does. I can limit my motion in lifting a lot better than I can in swimming, so no spasms occurred.

Tomorrow we ride pace line, then run. Hopefully Leisa's bike will come in and I'll have time to set it up. It'd be cool to have her along!

No comments:

Post a Comment