Thursday, July 12, 2012

Just a ride, that's all

If I wondered how running twice in one day would feel, the answer wasn't long in coming - hips hurt today. I did 10 total miles yesterday, 5 in the morning, 5 in the afternoon, neither run hard at all. I've run all summer with practically no hip pain at all, and the secret ingredient appears to be shorter runs.

Today, Jimmy, Dan, Miller, and I met at Lighthouse for a short ride. Miller had to be back in a short time frame, so we didn't waste a lot of time anywhere. Yes, I still got my Diet Coke and Milky Way, but I ate and drank faster.

The only fast portion was the end. We hit 33 mph going north on 37, which was pretty good considering we had headwind. Miller rode to the side of me, refusing to accept the draft. Jimmy had no such qualms. Dan refused to play at all and coasted in the final 2 miles.

After lunch I went to the Girls' Club and helped assemble the plaques for Saturday's Limestone 5k. I cannot guarantee they'll stay together, as they are comprised of brass plates attached to limestone plaques via double-sided carpet tape. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

After that it was off to the in-laws where I helped set up a router for their Internet AND helped square away some registration on my mother-in-law's new iPhone.

So now it's decision time. To do Buckhead or not to do Buckhead. I'm leaning towards... it won't be fast, but I would get some answers about the bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment