Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Two runs today

I've really tried to avoid running long all summer, but today I decided to see how my body would hold up to runs separated by a few hours. I'll have to do it next week for the Red Eye Relay, so I wanted a dry run. I have to say it went okay. Not fast, but okay.

The first run was with the girls' team this morning. We hit the railroad bed, and since we all stayed together, the pace was... pedestrian. Still, we were on the trails and moving. As unhealthy as we've been, that's actually a good thing. We did split the group up later, and WinD took the faster girls into the deep woods.

Later, I lifted, then met with the gang at Jimmy's. It was quite a bit warmer by then, but it didn't bother me much at all. We again ran rather slowly. Poor Jimmy was running late and only got to do a couple with us. It won't hurt him to rest some.

Tomorrow we ride from Lighthouse at 10 AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment