Monday, July 30, 2012

Ran with the girls

I know I said I would take a break from running, and I guess I should add a caveat to that; I will take a break from competitive training. I needed to run with my girls this morning to help control the pace. WinD is on vacation, so the only person left for the job was me. We ran 6.5 miles, the first three faster than my fast girls wanted to go. Someone has to drag them!

After that it was to the gym, where I had a good lift. I tore it up. The place was a smoking ruin when I left, patrons huddled together and shivering, trying to comfort one another. It was awesome.

I took my awesome body to work, where the computers and network were completely unimpressed with my physique. There's a name for that condition, not being impressed with my physique... it's called "women". Therefore I will now rename my lab "Woman".

I found a way to work around the limitations five techs created on Friday (who by the way were trying to solve problems, not create them). Still, it won't work in a lab setting. The problems will have to be resolved, or I'm going to be in a world of hurt.

Just got the tweet - Cicero Triathlon swim is cancelled. Not that there was ever any doubt it would happen, but it's clear this race was never meant to be this year. I hope you folks have a backup race picked out. Columbus this Saturday would be a great alternative.

Pace Line Tuesday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment