Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hard(er) running

Once again, it was a struggle to decide what to do tonight. I want, no, I NEEDED to ride, but there wasn't a clear path to doing so. A combination of weather and timing issues just kept it from happening. Instead, I had to settle for a run, lift, and swim.

First came the run. I felt pretty good, a bit more confident after Saturday's run, and tried to extend the legs a bit on the run. This wasn't by any means an all-out effort, but I did want to build up some triathlon pressure. That's what I call it anyway... the way I push in a triathlon I can best describe as pressure. Anyway, it wound up being a good effort - 35:21 for five miles. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't overly hard either.

I got some dinner with Leisa, then headed over to the gym. This left me a little concerned, because that shoulder hurt BAD! I want to feel like I'm getting better, and I suppose in some ways I am, but it sure is slow progress. I can't see going to the doctor. Doesn't mean I won't, I just don't want to.

Finally came the swim. This was the acid test, of course. If it went well, I'll sign up for Terre Haute. If not, no way. Good news, it all went well. In fact, I'd say I feel better after swimming a bit than any other time. So I'll be heading to Terre Haute.

Allen told me James had added his Tuesday ride to Strava. I made an account last year at Mike's request, but I haven't paid that much attention to it. I decided to lay this past Tuesday's ride in, mainly to get an accurate time for the section (I messed up my watch at the start). Turns out I was a little slower than I thought, but still way ahead of what I hoped to get. I also rank #2 on the course after James (Greg Sheppard has now been bumped to 3rd). James gained 21 seconds of the distance, also more than I thought. Oh well, I knew he was better. I'll have to work harder!

If you're interested!

Shirt progress is... progressing. We'll need to get a head count on Saturday and discuss preferences. Should be plenty of time to hash it out.

Saturday, 8 AM, Parkview. Ride 43, run 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment