Monday, May 20, 2013

Trashed

That's how I feel. I am totally trashed. I guess I took the whole 1-2 punch from the weekend a lot harder than I thought. The 5k on Friday, the triathlon on Saturday... I'm getting too old for this.

The sore I feel in my neck, back, legs... yup, it was pretty much a maximum effort. Thinking back, even on Tuesday's ride I was hitting a high heart rate. 172 is close to my max, and on a bike your max heart rate is not easy to get. Point being, that was a pretty tough effort on the ride Tuesday. Make that three race efforts in a week.

One thing I think we can say about Tuesday's ride for everyone concerned - of the six guys that raced Saturday AND did a time trial, all suffered during Saturday's ride. Seems to me we may have some data points. Lesson? No more time trials the week of a race. Seems obvious, but somehow we overlooked it.

Stormy weather threatens tomorrow's ride. We'll have to be careful for sure. Oklahoma was smashed by this weather system today. Somehow, the thought of being caught out on the course by a 2-mile wide tornado seems less than desirable.

Off to bed. School will come early tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment