Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Outs

I'll start with the biggest out - Comcast was totally dead for hours tonight. It's a bit past 10 now, and it's just now come back up. Hate that.

Started the workout today with a short ride of 20 miles. It's supposed to be taper, so I didn't want to overdo it. It went okay, except for the corn on my little toe. It hurt awfully! It felt like someone was standing on my toe and grinding it. Every single crack in the pavement sent shockwaves through my toe. I really thought I might have to call Leisa to come get me. The thing is, as bad as it hurts sometimes, there is no real damage being done. For that reason, I just ignore the pain and go on. It was pretty hard to do tonight.

When I got to the run, Miller noticed my new shoes. He scuffed the left one. Jimmy made a move to scuff, so I offered him the right- and he nailed the corn. I screamed like a Burris headed for corn. I would have admitted to anything in that instant. I recovered immediately, and like a Gary realized I was such a wuss.

We did an easy three, and that was that! However, and this is one good thing that happened... I made the jump from Jimmy's pacer to joining Dan for his race. Let's face it, I could never make the 1:30. Miller can, and he will do a great job pacing Jimmy. I will run a more relaxed pace with Dan. I hate it that I can't do it, but I can't, and that's that.

Next two days off?

No comments:

Post a Comment