Thursday, November 21, 2013

A lot to cram in

Work. Run. Swim meet. Swim. Core workout. Yup, it was a busy night. 

I won't bore you with the work stuff. It was a standard day, assignments are humming along pretty well, though the days seem unending as we head into the Thanksgiving break. We're making progress though - only three working days left until break.

The run was scheduled for right after school. This choice was of necessity, because there was no way to guarantee I'd be able to get the core workout, leg lift, and run in the short time I had before the meet started at 5 PM. It was the right call too; despite my run being fast (34 minutes for 5), there wasn't anywhere near the time necessary to go take care of the gym. That would have to come after the swim later.

I did squeeze in a haircut. That wasn't too tough since I do those myself. It did eat up my eating time, so it was a shower and run out to the meet after the haircut. 

The meet wasn't what I thought either. We thought it would be co-ed - no such luck. Nope, they ran a regular meet, with boy and girl events. This meant it would take twice as long. My slim hope of having time to go to the gym before the swim was gone.

To top it off, Galloway, in typical Galloway fashion, was early. I ran up to Steven's to get a sandwich, came back, and set him loose in the pool. As soon as I downed my Jalepeno burger and potato wedges I hopped in the pool. No, I didn't wait a half hour! I wasn't going far anyway. 

Jimmy and Allen showed up a bit later. They were fresh off the inaugural Energy Lab spin session. Jarrard and Greg were there too, so it was well-attended. 

We broke up about nine. I decided it wasn't too late to get the gym done, so off I went. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Before I knew it, things were done, and now I have the satisfaction of getting it all in. I don't want to have to work it like this every day, but once in a while, it's okay.

Tomorrow will be easier. Only a lift, It's our anniversary, so we're going out to eat. 

Saturday is a run and probably a spin somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment