Thursday, November 14, 2013

Finally, and "Where'd THAT come from?!"

For once a plan bore fruit. Today was scheduled to be a lift and ride, and thankfully, that's what happened. Well, almost... it was a ride and a lift. Close enough? You be the judge!

I didn't expect it to get as warm as it did. Not that it mattered... I was going out so long as it was sunny and at least 45 degrees. It was much better; 58 degrees, sunny, and windy. It wasn't super windy, I wouldn't even classify it as troublesome. There was simply a breeze, constant and from the south.

I had plenty of time to ride, though it wasn't enough to do more than 20 or so. It gets dark by around 5:15 now, so I needed to be home by then. I left just before 4, giving me right at 1:15 to complete. So long as there was no mechanical or flat, it would be more than enough.

The ride down was nothing spectacular, but neither was I trying for it. It's the off season, or more correctly, the off-off season. There is absolutely no gain for pushing big numbers right now. Mentally, physically, it's way too soon. I geared down and did some spinning and felt good. The wind, though in my face, didn't bother me at all.

I toyed with pushing the distance, but there was no way to get it done. I turned onto familiar paths, found myself on Highway 37 headed north, and went. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about the segment - of course I did. I even thought I might have a shot at it given I did so well last week without any trying. So yeah, maybe I went a bit harder than last time - a little. But it wasn't an all-out.

Yes, I got it. Surprisingly, because I didn't think I was going that fast. Maybe it's the cooler air, allowing me to breathe and keep producing energy. Maybe I'm tapered. Maybe it was a bigger tailwind than I thought (I've had bigger!). No matter. It's done.

Later I went to the gym. When I got home it was time to look for some tape, because man, I'm getting ripped! ;)

Finally, the night ended at BNL pool. John T., Jimmy, and Allen all got wet. I supervised. Maybe I'll get in next week. Maybe.

Tomorrow is a lift, but probably off running and riding. Probably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment