Monday, November 11, 2013

Foiled Plans

We set goals for our workouts, sometimes a day at a time, sometimes a week or longer, but it's not always possible to stick to a plan. Today was like that for me. There were simply too many factors to calculate, and in the end, math was never my strongest subject anyway.

I did get a run, though nowhere near what I wanted. I didn't get a ride at all. That particular piece was foiled by weather. By the time school let out, the front was upon us. Even though it didn't rain much, the visibility dropped dramatically. It was no longer safe to be out, at least it wouldn't be long enough to accomplish a basic ride.

I did get to the gym, which was cool, but it was a bit busy and I was slowed down. Not much, but enough... my plan to get 5 miles before the guys ran was too ambitious. I only managed 2, though they were quick. I felt if all fell into place I might pick up more at the end of the group run, but it didn't. Dinner was waiting for me to get home, and I didn't feel I had the option to push on.

After dinner I wanted to help Leisa get to her run, so I started with the swim breakfast. That took a bit longer than I planned, and then there were dishes to do. In the end, it's 8 o'clock, and I don't plan on starting a ride now. It just isn't going to happen today.

That's okay. I have the rest of the week to make it up, and I will get enough riding in before it's over. Running will be the harder of the two, because I have a hard number in mind for that one. I feel I need to get 30 miles in this week, and I don't see yet where that comes from. It will likely take a heroic effort somewhere this week, but after all, I am IronBill.

Good run tonight with the guys. By the way, Roy is starting to look awfully good. Rand asked what got into him. I had an answer - $745 worth of entry into next year's Ironman Florida. Easy answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment