Tuesday, November 12, 2013

No ride, but...

Okay, I'm worried. I haven't seen Miller in almost a week. Sure, we've seen WinD. Sure, she offered some excuse about where he is. There has even been activity on his Strava accounts - mostly kudos to other people on their efforts. But has anyone actually seen Miller? I must admit, I'm getting worried...

<Fox News Mode On>"Is it possible WinD has done Miller in, or possibly locked him in the attic? Is she insane? Is he insane? Are they both insane? If they are, would they know it? And what did Obama know, and when did he know it?"<Fox News Mode Off>

It got a lot colder today, which eliminated any chance for an outdoor ride. It wasn't really the temperature as much as it was the stiff northwest wind. Nothing would have made that okay. Not that it mattered. There wasn't time to hit all the points anyway. The short list of the evening went:

  1. Core workout
  2. Run
  3. Shower/Dinner
  4. Boy Scouts
No, I'm not trying to earn my merit badges. Our exchange student attends Boy Scouts, and I am the delivery man. Since the meeting happens so far out, it makes no sense to drive home and back out to get him. That rips two hours out of the schedule, and therefore any chance of a ride inside. 

That's more than fine, because the run tonight went over 10 miles. Coupled with the core workout and lifting legs (did I leave that off the list?) that was plenty of training. The week is back on schedule now, as there are three running days left and less than 10 miles to make. Should be a piece of cake. Now I can take one of those running days and get a ride. 

As of now I am planning on hosting a swim on Thursday night. I was told there was a drain problem during swim practice tonight, so there is the off chance the pool may be closed. We'll see tomorrow and I will post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment