Monday, November 18, 2013

Double

Okay, so the decision to bypass the ride yesterday turned out to be the right one on so many levels. My hip was sore, there were tornadoes...

That second one is probably the more important of the two. The weather, when it did turn sour yesterday, did so quickly and violently. There would have been no safe way to ride out on the highway in such high wind - even though the segments would have been legendary. I don't care about things that much... Troy wins if he has the nerves (lack of brains) to go out in that kind of stuff. Not saying he did, but since he tends to lag a day or two before he posts, let's wait and see if a 45 mph segment pops up somewhere...

I had a meeting after school today, and that limited the time to work out. I was able to lift and run, but only 5 miles. After dinner I went back to the gym to spin. There was no other way to get it done since my bike is not yet set up. Besides, I wanted to watch the big screen!

It will be a challenge to get the rest in. There is a swim meet on Thursday, my anniversary is Friday, and there are Boy Scouts tomorrow. Time to get opportunistic and grab any chance I get! I would like to run a bit longer tomorrow, but I have to do core and lift legs as a priority. If that gets done fast enough, leftover time will be allocated to run.

One day at a time, folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment