Saturday, November 16, 2013

An unexpected run

I did not plan to run today, but I did anyway. I slept in, more than I normally do anyway, but I wound up awake and wondering what to do. Since I knew everyone would likely be at Parkview, I decided to go and give it a shot. I could always pull out if the hips bothered me too much.

I'm glad I went. I ran, albeit very slowly. It also helped me feel better. My hip actually feels normal today. Hopefully that will continue to be the case as time goes on.

Leisa and I went to Ferdinand to visit the town festival and monastery. It was a good day - relaxed, the weather was fine (if ugly), and it wasn't so far away the drive was a load. We did get to look around a bit. I have to say it wasn't what I expected, but it wasn't a waste of time. I love spending time with Leisa, especially alone.

We took Igor out for the first time today - that is, out to eat. Yes, we allow him to go outdoors. We just hadn't dined out. We tried Chinese, and he seemed to like it. Igor likes to eat healthy, so there aren't a whole lot of choices in Bedford.

He's an interesting character. Very introverted, guarded even, which is cultural. However, Erin and Leisa's charm are winning him over. I am watching the show even as I write this. He doesn't mind female attention, I can tell you.

I'll have to be more on my guard about things. While I was enjoying my family, Troy has been out usurping my kingdoms. My beautiful new time on Highway 37? Gone. Didn't last 24 hours. He's becoming a beast, I tell you. Just remember though... dragons are born to be slain!

Run tomorrow morning. I will try to spin or ride outside, one or the other tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment