Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Rain Wranglers

I am not running much this week by design; I have to rest a bit. The danger I face is an old foe, that of refusing to rest, especially after a good race. Nationals were a disappointment, but Boilerman and Indy were great. It's left me highly motivated to go out and try for more.

In short, I'm getting greedy.

There are times when the old hunger and mentality are back in full-force. Like when guys run away from the group. Weeks ago I would not have chased. Now I can stop myself. But I better learn how. I'm beginning to get warning signs this kind of hubris will not go unpunished.

Tonight I had to chase the entire group because they left early. I caught them, but not before I laid down a strong early lick (5:29 pace). Late in the run my right hamstring began to have painful stabs. That's unusual in that it's usually the left hamstring that gives me trouble. This I will ignore at my own peril.

So tomorrow will be off. I will hit the gym and do core, but there will be no running. If there is any indication of trouble, there will be no running on Friday either. I'm sure if I do this I will be better by Saturday, and honestly, I'll have lost nothing in the bargain. I am not going to Huntsville, no way. It won't be until April before I race hard again. There is plenty of time, no, too much time to get ready. Best to be careful at this point.

There will be an adult swim tomorrow night. 8:15-9:15.

Saturday... I would like to re-institute the run/breakfast combo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment