Sunday, April 8, 2012

Busy Easter

There was a run this morning, and Jimmy, the Hammels, and I took advantage of a cool but beautiful day to train. We did an easy 5-miler and parted company.

This was only the beginning for yours truly.

I had my burrito, then went to the gym. I changed up my lift routine a bit. Since no one was there, I was able to set up three stations at a time and went to rotations. I don't normally lift that way because it ties up a lot of units, but hey, it was clear. It was a very nice change of pace, and it sped up the workout considerably. As far as lifting is concerned, it's a very aerobic workout.

Since Leisa and Erin had to work crib room and I didn't want to sit in a crowded pew alone, I opted to stay home and give Leisa an Easter gift. She wants the deck pulled up, but before that can happen we had to remove the awning attached to the carport. I felt I could get the fiberglass off before she came home, so I set to it.

I had just enough time to get the fiberglass out and pop into the shower. We were going to the in-laws for lunch, so I had no choice but to quit working on the awning and get ready.

After the meal, it was time to head home to mow grass and maybe get another crack at the awning. I hit the grass, then jumped on the awning. I just about had it completed before it was time to ride. Things were going pretty well.

Allen was there, I unloaded my bike, then Mike showed with Greg and Morgan. Dan had mixed his start time and would try to hook up with us later; Jimmy bailed flat out. It was a bit of a late start, but eventually we did get off.

With a tailwind it didn't take long to reach Huck's. We all went in to grab a snack, then went out to eat. That's about when Dan caught us. Funny, funny stuff. I know he had a heck of a ride to get to us.

We turned for home, taking our time until the highway. On the final two miles, Greg, Mike, and I let it out a bit. We got upwards of 30 into a slight headwind. I was on front until Greg pulled alongside. There is no question he could have dusted me any time, but he hung right at my side. Mike trailed slightly behind, staying clear of the debris on the shoulder.

The ride done, it was back to the awning. Within 15 minutes I had it finished. This made Leisa happy I know, and I was happy she didn't try to do it before I could finish it.

Tomorrow is a run. I don't know if I'll ride, as I have a doctor's appointment. Maybe after the run? Swim? We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment