Sunday, April 22, 2012

Double double

The last two days have been more or less the same - 5-mile run in the morning, 31-mile bike in the afternoon. The only variation is that today I also lifted. The effort is telling. It amounts to over 5 hours of training in two days, something I haven't done for a little while.

We've been talking about races we plan to do. Rand is doing Louisville next weekend, Kathy is going to run with Chelsey at Indy, Jimmy's doing Indy... As for myself, I don't know what the next real race will be. I'm going to run the 5k from Circle K on Saturday, though it will really only be a jog. More and more I'm thinking Terre Haute is out of the question. Instead, I might do Crane this year. It's close, I could do it and be home in a much shorter time frame. That would help out with Leisa's event.

Saw Jimmy's new wheels today. Nice. He, Galloway, and I did the ride thingy. I thought we might have a couple more show, but it didn't happen. Rand is worried a bit about Louisville, I suppose. Don't know what happened to Miller. Dan was busy, Kathy can't be talked into it... the list goes on. Soon, very soon, we'll all be riding.

It was a bit cool again, mainly because of the wind. Going south, no problem. The sun was out, and it was actually quite nice. It was another matter altogether going north. The wind was stiff and strong and cool. I didn't miss the jacket going out; I missed it a bunch coming back. Thank you, Kathy, for the arm warmers. They saved the day for me.

I will double again tomorrow if all works out. Probably Tuesday, too. Wednesday looks like rain, 70% chance the last I saw. Thursday is a track meet, then we're off school again this Friday. That day, if the weather allows, I'd like a big bike ride, maybe 65 or so. County line and back through the Amish country? It could happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment