Monday, April 23, 2012

Resuming training

This week saw the return to a more-or-less normal schedule. Yesterday was a run, lift, and ride day. Today I did only a run and swim, mainly because the wind was severe enough to make it unsafe to ride the cut. I didn't have time to ride before the run if I drove to Lighthouse, which would have been the only way to make it safe.

The run was only 5, but Rand, John T., and I did it in 37:47, and it was no trouble at all. Conversation was lively and animated. Sorry to drag you down that road again, Rand.

My swim felt good. I guess I shouldn't call it a swim as much as a pull. I put on the pull buoy and went. Fifteen minutes later it was done. I'd considered going 1500, but it didn't take me long to reconsider.

I finished the Boston Edition of OtR, and you can find the link on the right. It's PDF, so you can download and print if you wish. There are lots of pictures and a few first-hand accounts of the trip. I'm still looking for reports from the other runners, so John T., Jimmy, Kathy, Robin, Miller... I'm happy to build another copy. I know folks love to read the personal accounts. I do, anyway.

Tomorrow is the last Tempo Tuesday of the spring season. This weekend is Louisville, next weekend is Indy. After Indy we start the weekly pace line at Spring Mill. However... the first week will be a Monday instead of Tuesday due a conflict with BNL track. It's been proposed and voted on, so too late to argue!

Looking for a ride on Friday, a run, and maybe even a swim. Details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment