Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Way too windy to ride

I don't care what I intended for today - with winds topping 30+, there can be no ride. It's not safe. I probably should have ridden last night, I knew it then, but done is done. I will have to hope for better tomorrow.

We did run tonight. We only did 5 miles, adding to it a series of short strides. There were only mild complaints from the gallery during the event. There was grudging admission after the fact that they helped. I won't say by whom to whom.

It's winding down. We'll do another short run tomorrow, then for some, that's the last run until Boston. I can't do that. I'll need to run once more, probably Friday, or I'd be too flat to run that far. It's not that I expect to run well anyway - 80 degrees anyone? I just don't want to start by feeling awful. No sense in that.

I will ride tomorrow one way or another. In fact, I hope to get out a little the next couple of days, then ride a little longer on Friday. Two more runs, three rides, and I'd be totally happy. It's likely I'll get at least one more lift, maybe two, before we leave as well.

As much as I'm looking forward to the trip, I can't wait for it to be over. It's delaying my real training goals, which I want to embrace. I guess the good side is my back still doesn't hurt, a very welcome change. Perhaps if I can keep the running mileage lower over the summer I'll have a good chance to heal properly. Put that on my goals sheet!

So, how do I keep myself from gaining 10 lbs. this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment