Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Only a run, for cryin' out loud!

You would think a guy used to training a couple of hours a day would handle a measly 40-minute with ease. You would think this same guy would feel fresh afterward. On the first point you'd be right; on the second, dead wrong.

I'm dead tired. I lifted before the run, ran 5, then ate supper. I'm ready for bed, and it's way too early for that. I'm dog tired, plain and simple.

The overall training level by time is 14 hours a week, pretty good, but nothing near what I've done in the past (18-24 hours per week). True, I'm building up, but not that much and not that fast. It's hard to nail down.

Lucky for me there isn't much on the docket for the next few days. Just a bike and optional run for tomorrow, a ride on Friday, and a 10-mile run on Saturday. There may be a swim tossed in tomorrow for good measure. None of this will be done at hard pace, though it does at to volume.

One lucky break is being off on Friday. I should be able to catch some rest then. At least that's what I'm hoping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment