Sunday, April 29, 2012

Those who missed the ride...

Are girls.
Are losers.
Are momma's boys.
The list goes on.

Actually, we did have one of our own use the "momma" argument to beg off the ride, even as he stood there with a bike on the rack. That totally misrepresents the situation, of course, but it's my blog. Had to have an interesting lead in, didn't I?

I don't know what Jimmy and/or I said to the Hammels this morning, but in a rare instance of them communicating telepathically they bolted, as if by signal, and left Jimmy and me behind. The first part of the run had been so easy, but the last couple of miles got progressively harder until, near the end, we were running around 85% or so. At least I was! So I said screw it, went all in, and passed them both. Sure, the run was barely under 40, but that last mile was hard.

All I can say to that is if Kathy had run that hard yesterday she'd have broken 1:40:00. ;)

I went to the gym afterward, using what was left of my energy to do my weekly circuit workout. Ordinarily the gym is too polluted with neophytes learning the ropes to even think about circuits, but Sunday is always empty in the morning. I set up nine different stations and passed through them without pause until the workout was done. It's very aerobic and efficient to boot. It cuts the workout time in half for me.

Jimmy and I met again at 2 for the ride. Rand was waiting with the Motobecane, which was too bad since I rode down to the Lighthouse. I wanted the extra miles, so... It wouldn't have mattered. Unless I'd arrived with a bike rack (and I wouldn't have), I would have had no place to put the bike anyway. I appreciate the effort, and he was even nice enough to drop it off at my house. Now to get Leisa on board...

Jimmy and I did the Amish country, nice and slow. The wind seemed more east than anything, that is, until we turned for home. Then we noticed the northeast aspect. It wasn't terrible at all. As winds go, it was a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Enough to know it was there, not enough to be detrimental in a serious way. We finished into it on the highway and still kept decent speed, so it couldn't have been too tough.

Tomorrow... not sure what's going to happen. I will ride if weather permits, do the track meet, then run after. If it's not too late, I'll add the swim.

Tuesday, ride or run, but not both. Women of Excellence at 6:30, Leisa is invited. I wouldn't miss it for anything!

Mike Jarrard has scheduled a ride at Lighthouse Thursday, 5 PM. I plan to be there, and all are invited. Book signing and autograph session afterward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment