Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Double, not triple

I got my ride. It was cold. It was windy. It was short. But it was fast.

There was a steady NNW wind that made the trip south on the 20-miler quite easy. By 10 miles I was sitting at  21.75 mph average. Now the hard part - turn north into the wind and keep the speed. I didn't want to really crush, just hold steady. The flats were easy enough, but any uphill was greatly hurt by the steady headwind. I finished with 21.1 mph. Yeah, I lost. So what? I'd climbed the cut into the wind. Of course it was slower.

We met at Jimmy's at 5. The running is starting to feel better, looser, easier. Jimmy, Kathy, WinD, and Robin turned early for 4. Rand, Bartlett, Miller, and I kept on for 5. I was in at 38:22 without any push.

I didn't swim. Erin is still sick, we had someone in on the deck for a while, I had some work to do, so I passed on it.

There is a track meet tomorrow, and I have to work it. If I get done in time, I'll do another ride. If not, I'll probably take the day off. I will lift regardless.

Run on Friday, 5 PM, 3 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment